What To Expect
The Roofing Process
Remarkably, a moderately-sized, professionally-installed roofing job could take just 1 day.
- Remove all existing shingles, deposit them in a roll-off, and remove.
- Make minor repairs on roof if in good condition. If not, replace bad wood with plywood or 1″x6″ boards, whichever is applicable to your roof.
- Install dam protection – a barrier of synthetic materials to prevent backed up ice in the gutters which prevents ice-melt from draining away. The ice-melt will permeate under the shingles and cause damage to the inside of your house.
- Lay down asphalt paper.
- Apply the shingles – starting at the eaves and working upward.
- Apply flashing around all areas where leaks might come into the house – against the chimney, stack vents, etc.
- Install the ridge vent.